• 4 x 4-bone lamb racks fat trimmed
• Celery salt and pepper
• 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 bunch oregano, leaves chopped
• 1/2 bunch mint, leaves chopped
• 2 tsp capers, chopped
• 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
• 2 egg whites
• 1 red onion, peeled, sliced
• 2 zucchini, diced
• 1/2 eggplant, diced
• 1 red capsicum, diced
• 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
• 1 tsp ground fennel seeds
• 1 cup tomato juice
• Oregano sprigs, to garnish
• Preheat oven to 200°C. Season lamb with celery salt and pepper. Put half the oil and lamb in a frying pan and sear over a medium heat on all sides until just cooked. Set aside.
• Put oregano, mint, capers, breadcrumbs and egg whites in a food processor and pulse until a coarse paste forms. Press herb mixture onto lamb racks and arrange on a large roasting tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until medium.
• Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large pan over a high heat. Fry onion, zucchini, eggplant and capsicum for 3 minutes or until just softened. Fold in garlic, fennel seeds and tomato juice.
Bring to the boil, then cook for 2 minutes only. Season with salt and pepper. Carve lamb and serve on top of vegetables. Garnish with oregano sprigs.