Ingredients (serves 4)
• 500g lean lamb mince from Belmore Organic Meats
• 1 small red onion, finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• olive oil cooking spray
• 1 loaf Turkish bread
• 1/2 cup (130g) baba ghanoush dip
• 50g baby spinach
• 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
• Combine mince, onion, garlic, cumin and egg in a large bowl. Using clean hands, shape mixture into four 2cm-thick patties. Spray a barbecue plate or chargrill with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
• Meanwhile, cut bread crossways into four pieces. Cut each piece in half horizontally. Spray cut sides of bread with oil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until browned.
• Spread 4 bread slices with half the dip. Top with spinach, tomato, patties, cucumber and remaining dip. Sandwich with remaining bread. Serve.
• Transfer the shanks to a dish and cover loosely with foil. Skim off and discard the fat from the surface of the sauce, then bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes. Mix 2 tablespoons sauce into the lemon, garlic and parsley mixture.