Ingredients (serves 6)
• 8 (about 600g)chicken thight fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
• 1 tbs olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 2 tsp ground oregano
• 2 tsp sweet paprika
• 1 tbs lemon juice
• 2 tsp brown sugar
• 4 chorizo sausages, thinly sliced diagonally
• crusty bread rolls split to serve
• mixed salad leaves to serve
• Combine chicken, oil, garlic, oregano, paprika, lemon juice and sugar in a bowl. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to marinate.
• Evenly thread the chicken, alternating with chorizo, among the skewers.
• Heat a char-grill pan or barbecue on high. Add the skewers and cook, turning, for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and place in the fridge to chill. Serve with bread rolls and mixed salad leaves, if desired.
You will need to soak 18 bamboo skewers in water for 15 minutes for this recipe.